FMUv4-PRO takes input from all of the Pixhawk stakeholders; end users, developers, researchers and manufacturing partners. Goals for this iteration of the platform are:
- An integrated, single-board flight controller for space constrained applications
- A modular multi-board flight controller for professional applications
- Sufficient I/O for most applications without expansion.
- Improved ease-of-use.
- Improved sensor performance
- Improved microcontroller resources (384 KB RAM, 2 MB flash).
- Increased reliability and reduced integration complexity.
- Reduced BoM and manufacturing costs.
Key design points:
- All-in-one design with integrated FMU and optional IO and lots of I/O ports.
- Improved manufacturability, designed for simpler mounting and case design.
- Separate power supplies for FMU and IO (see power architecture section).
- Onboard battery backup for FMU and IO SRAM / RTC.
- Integration with two standard power bricks.
- Microcontroller upgrade to STM32F469; flash increases from 1MiB to 2MiB, RAM increases from 256KiB to 384KiB, more peripheral ports.
- ICM-20602, MPU9K integrated gyro / accelerometer / magnetometers.
- LIS3MDL compass (HMC5983 is now obsolete).
- Sensors connected via two SPI buses (one high rate and one low-noise bus)
- Two I2C buses
- Two CAN buses
- Voltage / battery readings from two power modules
- FrSky Inverter
- JST GH user-friendly connectors