This roadmap for DDEV-Local is intended to answer what we hear from our wonderful community of users. If you have lobbying for a favorite item or think things should be re-prioritized, just lobby in the issue queue. We listen. Or talk to us in any of the support locations.
These items are listed in loose priority order, so you can expect the top items to show up in nearer releases. We regularly fix bugs that are annoying our users, so only new features show up on this list.
We try to flag issues that we definitely intend to get done with the prioritized label. If you think something is super-important, please request that it be marked "prioritized". It doesn't mean it will get tagged, but your vote absolutely counts.
v1.9 (released 2019-06-26):
- Contrib-pointers for additional Services and techniques: We want to make another place for the outstanding content and pointers and applications that our users are developing. This will probably be a contrib repository for ddev.
- NFS Setup Security Review: More docs and improved NFS setup scripts so people can think clearly and plan carefully for how they're using NFS with ddev.
- Use DNS to provide name resolution when internet available
Manage ddev project list in ~/.ddev/global_config.yaml: Since the beginning of ddev
ddev listand everything that depended on it couldn't work if the project was shut down. This should fix that.
- Allow specifying a target container for hook execution
- Support ngrok to allow web access remotely
- Hook system overhaul
v1.10 (released 2019-08-02):
- Improved instrumentation with segment: @unn is advocating for segment as better than Sentry (or in addition to Sentry). Statistics: Monthly active users, Conversion ratio. #1640
- Add custom ddev commands - See docksal's approach
- Allow user additions to .bashrc, store bash history, copy gitconfig: These are intended to make it more comfortable for the user to work inside the web container.
- Add "ddev mysql" command
- Add delete, poweroff, cleanup commands and hints
- Develop an advisory board of interested users to determine product focus
- Sign macOS binary #1626
- Make sure exposed ports are not exposed on local subnet, #1662
- Rework containers to provide a "real" user inside container
- PHP 7.4 support as soon as it is available
- BoF at conferences, especially BADCamp, T3Con19, Drupalcon Amsterdam
- Allow omitting the db container
- Updated support of pantheon via terminus instead of undocumented API
- Improved WordPress support (several open WordPress bugs)
- Support for Magento, #1802
- Provide "ddev debug dockercheck" command
ddev describeto show information about additional services, https://github.com/drud/ddev/issues/788
- Custom command improvements
v1.13 and beyond
- Integration with newer versions of DDEV-Live as needed
- Competitive analysis with similar products both within the spaces we usually work and outside them.
- Remove obsolete support for drud-aws.
- Explicit support for additional CMSs, including Sulu, Shopware, Joomla, CraftCMS
- GUI! again.
- Explicit support new Docker Desktop on Windows redesign using WSL2