Drupal Contribution Package
This package contains tools to get you started contributing to Drupal:
- Drupal, already cloned with git
- Docker Desktop for Mac or Windows
- DDEV-Local (ddev) development environment
- Additional tools including git for Windows
- A computer with 6gb memory or greater.
- Windows 10 or higher (with WSL2 and/or Hyper-V support), MacOS High Sierra or higher or a recent/stable Linux distribution.
- A robust code editor such as Visual Studio Code, Atom, PhpStorm or Netbeans (this may be provided as part of this package).
- Get The Files
- Extract drupal_sprint_package
- Install Docker and Other Requirements
- Open Terminal
- Install Contribution Tools
1. Get The Files
Use one of the options below to get the files.
- GitHub - Download
drupal_sprint_package.<RELEASE>.zipfrom https://github.com/drud/quicksprint/releases. Also download
quicksprint_thirdparty_installs.<RELEASE>>.zipif you need Docker and/or Git.
- USB Drive (available at some conferences) - Copy drupal_sprint_package.RELEASE.zip and Docker installer for your Operating System from the USB drive to your Desktop.
- ResilioSync (available at some conferences) - Find the folder/directory that was downloaded and copy its contents to your Desktop.
2. drupal_sprint_package directory
drupal_sprint_package.<RELEASE>.zip file, and open or browse the contents. This is the sprint package directory.
quicksprint_thirdparty_installs.<RELEASE>.zip if downloaded, and open or browse the contents and find the /installs folder. This is the third party installs directory.
3. Install Docker and Other Requirements
3.1 Docker Desktop
- Windows users install git: First, install Git For Windows from the third party installs directory. The version here is newer than you might have on your computer if you already have it, so install if you don't have Git for Windows or have a version less than 2.21.0.
- All users: Find the Docker installer for your Operating System underneath the third party installs directory. It is important to install the version of Docker provided for compatibility with the tools.
|Operating System||Docker Version||Installer|
|Windows 10||Docker Desktop for Windows||"Docker for Windows Installer.exe"|
|MacOS||Docker Desktop for Mac||Docker.dmg|
|Linux||Docker CE, docker-compose||See Linux instructions|
4. Open Terminal
Open your Terminal application. If you already had a window open, close it and open another one.
|Operating System||Docker Version||Program|
|Windows 10||Docker Desktop||Git Bash|
|MacOS||Docker Desktop||Terminal.app or your preferred terminal application|
|Linux||Docker CE, docker-compose||Your preferred terminal application|
5. Install Contribution Tools
- Change directory to the
drupal_sprint_packagedirectory using the
- Example: Run
- Example: Run
- Run the
install.shcommand and follow the prompts.
- Follow the instructions that print out at the end of the previous command to create a sprint instance.
This may take a few minutes and will provide you with a set of URLs and further instructions for using your contribution environment.