Usage is role-dependent and there are three roles of authorized users: :ref:`usage-researcher`, :ref:`usage-datasteward`, and :ref:`usage-administrator`. Higher-level role can do the same as lower-level role and also something more, so let's describe it from the simplest one...
User of DSW that is not logged in yet is able to register, log in, or recover forgotten password via confirmed email address.
If configured, anonymous user can test out :guilabel:`Questionnaire Demo` (next to :guilabel:`Log In` and :guilabel:`Sign Up` buttons in the navigation bar. That is an example of our Questionnaire without any ability to save or export the answers, only to try out and learn. This functionality is always accessible in our public instance.
Researcher is a user who works on a scientific project and has the knowledge about the specific project. His/her goal is to get high-quality FAIR Data Management Plan and learn how to work with data in the project.
Data Stewardship Planner provides simple way to create questionnaire from KM package and fill it in smart way - only relevant questions for your case will be shown.
- :guilabel:`Create` = create new questionnaire from certain version of certain KM package
- For each questionnaire:
Data Steward is a user who has good knowledge of DS domain (how to deal with data) and puts this knowledge into a knowledge model. The knowledge model is then used by scientists to create the DMP with Questionnaire.
Knowledge Models are collections of DS knowledge. Each package has own unique identifier consisting of organization ID and km ID (and then also version). It stores all the knowledge units = changes of "zero" knowledge (add, delete, edit - chapter, question, answer, reference, etc.).
- :guilabel:`Import` = import new KM package or new version of KM package from file or from :ref:`installation-registry`
- For each KM package:
- :guilabel:`View detail` = shows detail with versions and basic information about the KM and for each version:
- :guilabel:`Export` = export specific version of KM, that can be then imported (e.g. in different instance of DSW)
- :guilabel:`Fork Knowledge Model` = shortcut to create editor from specific version of KM
- :guilabel:`Create Questionnaire` = shortcut to create planner from specific version of KM
Knowledge Model Editor allows to create new knowledge models:
- from scratch (i.e. totally new root KM package)
- as new version of existing KM package (i.e. some improvements needs to be done)
- as a customization of an existing KM package (i.e., extension for specific subdomain - can be based on organizational, geographical, legal or other expertise)
- :guilabel:`Create` = create editor with specific name and KM ID, optionally based on some parent KM.
- For each KM editor:
- :guilabel:`Open Editor` = shows editor that allows to go through the all parts of KM, create new parts, edit or delete them.
- :guilabel:`Publish` (if changes are made) = create KM with specific version and description of changes
- :guilabel:`Upgrade` (if newer version of parent KM) = migrate to newer version of parent KM in interactive migration tool
Administrator manages overall settings of the Data Stewardship Wizard instance and has the highest privileges.
Administrator can set two things in organization settings:
- Organization name = visible name of the organization that uses DSW instance
- Organization ID = unique identifier of the organization, it is then used in identifier of created Knowledge Models
User management is also quite simple. Administrator can see table with registered users, :guilabel:`Delete` or :guilabel:`Edit` single one of them, or :guilabel:`Create User` directly. When editing the user, it is possible to change all the attributes from registration and also manually change the "Active" status.