AirVantage System Simulator
This application is a Node.js tool that sends system data into AirVantage using MQTT. The data appears in AirVantage as if the selected system had sent them (provided you have the right credentials).
The application is composed of a single screen. It displays a form to configure your MQTT message and send it to the server. The form is structured as follows:
- Server: Which AirVantage server you want to connect to:
- Identifier (IMEI, S/N): Identifier of the system you want to simulate. Depending on your system, it can be its Serial Number or IMEI.
- Password: MQTT password of your system. It must be the same as the one entered in AirVantage, by clicking on the padlock icon in the system's edit screen.
- Data path: Path of a data or setting from one of the applications installed on your system. Check your Application Model in AirVantage for available paths.
- Value: Value to send for this specific data.
- Type: Type of the data. Must be consistent with the data type defined in your AirVantage Application Model.
Add data button
Add data button dynamically adds a new data to the Message panel.
Send data button
Send data button sends all the above data in a single MQTT communication.
Installing & running
To run the application:
Install Node.js from the official website.
Open a console in the
Install the required modules by running
Install the MQTT module by running
npm install mqtt.
Launch the application with Node.js by running
You should see the following traces:
Development Mode ON !
Express server listening on port 3000
You can access the application at: