Midnight Light is a modern personal Web front-end. The goal of this project is to create a modern, responsive, mobile-first, offline-first and (hopefully) good looking web front-end. Why? Because we can, today! :)
For more background head over to my blog:
- mobile first and responsive design
- awesome build based on gulp, a ton of automagic stuff
- all the yet-to-be-implemented features :)
Check out the change log
Status & roadmap
Check out the issues & labels to get an idea of what's next. For existing features, refer to the previous section.
In order to use Midnight Light, you need to install the WP REST API plugin in Wordpress:
- official website: http://wp-api.org/
- wordpress plugins directory: https://wordpress.org/plugins/json-rest-api/
- github: https://github.com/WP-API/WP-API
- note that the plugin will most probably be merged into a future Wordpress release (along with the OAuth plugin)
Building from source
If you want to build from source, you need to:
- install NodeJS & npm
- install the following global packages:
npm install --global gulp babel babel-core tsd jspm --no-optional
- clone this git repository
- go to the folder where you've cloned the project
$ npm run setup
The above command will:
- install all dependencies including Angular, ...
- download the TypeScript typings files (for more information, check out the following link)
To run the build, just execute
$ gulp. The result will be stored in the 'dist' folder.
For more details about the available build commands, check out the documentation of ModernWebDevBuild as this project's build is provided by that project.
Developping/Running on Docker
If you're familiar with Docker then you can easily run the development or production version of this application in a Docker container.
- install Docker (or Boot2Docker if you're on Windows)
- for the production version, run ./runOnDocker.sh
- for the development version, run ./ronDevOnDocker.sh
Updating the TypeScript definitions
$ npm run tsd-update. This will update everything in tsd.json to the head version of the DefinitelyTyped repository
This project and all associated source code is licensed under the terms of the MIT License.