Bridgy for WordPress
Tags: indieweb, POSSE, bridgy
Stable tag: 1.4.2
Requires at least: 4.7
Requires PHP: 5.3
Tested up to: 4.9.6
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Bridgy is a service that pull comments, likes, and reshares on social networks back to your web site. You can also use it to post to social networks - or comment, like, reshare, or even RSVP - from your own web site.
This plugin is a user interface for the Bridgy service and requires the webmention plugin to notify Bridgy to post.
It also stores a link to the syndicated version for display by Syndication Links or other uses.
Bridgy posts to social networks by reading the HTML of your site. This means that the post is generates depends on your theme and any content generated by plugin. Bridgy offers a preview mode on their site to test your theme.
Critical Bugs only due its deprecation for the plugin only should be submitted through Github.
For development/issues/enhancements for the Brid.gy service, please submit on their Github page. Please read their About page for the features of the service prior to submission.
Facebook options have been removed from this plugin due the deprecation of the Bridgy Facebook service.
Please note that the deprecation of this plugin in its current form has been announced. Blog Post. The functionality will be available in a different form in future as an extension inside the Syndication Links plugin.
Version 1.4.2 (2018-07-05 )
- Remove Facebook due deprecation
- Announce deprecation
Version 1.4.1 (2018-04-20 )
- Bug Fixes made by @Ruxton
Version 1.4.0 (2018-02-25 )
- Refactor classes from static
- Add Github option
- Add Template options
- Fix issue surfacing error messages
- Change text per request
- Fix Twitter excerpt issue due closing bracket missing
- Fix Omit Link Issue
- Move from embedding omit link and ignore formatting to using query parameters
- Support alternate URL paths for WordPress when registering
- Add testing environment
- Fix PHPCS issues
- Ensure PHP compatibility
- Fix typo on class for bridgy excerpt (props @miklb )
- Fix micropub syndicate standard compliance.
- Rebrand as Bridgy
- Allow simple registration on the settings page.
- Disable shortlinks if the send shortlinks option is not enabled
- Switch adding publish links to content to adding to footer
- Remove async hook introduced in 1.2.0 due request
- Errors returned by Bridgy display in the Post UI
- Invert description for Backlink Option from Omit to Show due confusion
- Add support for pages
bridgy_publish_post_typesfilter to show Bridgy post box on other post types
- Omit Links option not set on Micropub so will now pull from the default setting if the post setting is not enabled
- Add per post support for Bridgy backlink settings. Credit to @iamwebrocker for addition
- Redo Settings Page and allow default to checked to be on a per-service basis.
- Publish Now Works Off of a Cron Job Hook 5-10 seconds after the post is published
- Support for Setting and Being Triggered by Micropub Syndication Requests
- Storage of Syndication Preferences now stored in
mf2_microformats 2 properties
- Optionally set the Twitter post based on the post excerpt
- Fix compatibility with changes in Syndication Links and change storage to array from EOL separated string
- Remove Instagram setting as deprecated
- Add Flickr setting as now supported
- Change webmention support notice to activate on send_webmention per request
- Comply with WordPress Standards
- Bug Fixes
- If Indieweb Plugin is installed, move settings under that menu
- If WP_DEBUG is set - send Publish entries to the error log
- Initial release
- Takes over Syndication Links storage of Bridgy Publish links