A second screen/information radiator/glancable for a Last.fm users now-playing track.
Handy knowing what’s playing without having iTunes open, an information radiator for a shared office radio, ‘now playing’ screen at an awesome party. It’s also…
- Super adapatable – It renders well on all devices, big monitors, laptops, phones, tablets and even on the kindle.
- Totally real time – Well, it’s polling, but it feels pretty snappy.
Some small and large improvements I plan make, in rough order:
- Position footer absolutely, to avoid it jumping about
- Add page context username/link to top header
- Adjust default font sizes on extreme devices (mobile / large monitors) for optimal line length
- Improved context in title bar for easy tab referencing
- Improve speed of track change. Smart polling, setup an additional, higher frequency, polling window around the track end (based on duration)
- Adding more metadata (album art, bio, tags, etc) but keep the default view minimal. Probably a click/key interaction that launches a modal.