Google Spreadsheet Builder Starter
You can use this project as a reference for interacting with Google Spreadsheet using the Spreadsheet Builder API.
Setup the Project
1. Clone or download the project sources
2. (optional) Import the project into IntelliJ IDEA
Click on Import Project and select the folder where have you cloned or downloaded the project files.
Select Import project from external model > Gradle
Keep the defaults and click Finish
When IntelliJ IDEA is finished with downloading all the necessary libraries you should see the following structure in the Project explorer.
Setup the Credentials
Visit Java Quickstart page and enable the Drives API for the Quickstart project.
3. Click the ENABLE THE DRIVE API button
4. (optional if not logged in) Log into your Google Account
5. Enable the API
6. Download credentials JSON file and copy it into
src/main/resources folder of the project.
Run the Application
7. Run the application from the command line using
./gradlew run or run
App class from the IDE
8. Grant permissions page will appear in the browser
9. Confirm granting the permissions
10. Spreadsheet page wil appear in the browser
Explore the Code
Now you can explore the code in App.java
For more information on using Spreadsheet Builder see the official documentation.