Windows How To Setup
Clone this wiki locally
dark-facebook Development Setup Guide for Windows
dark-facebook's CSS files are generated from Stylus file, so it's better to edit the Stylus file. This guide will describe how to set up the environment to make changes to dark-facebook in Windows.
This guide assumes basic command prompt usage.
Download and Install Node.js
- Go to nodejs.org and download the .msi file.
- Install it. It's awesome.
- After you install it, log off and log on to your account. Or restart your Windows.
Set Up Git
- Follow the instructions there: http://help.github.com/win-set-up-git/
Clone the Repository
- Create a Folder, to put the project files in it.
- Right click the empty space and select Git Bash.
- Clone the repository by typing in:
git clone https://github.com/dtinth/dark-facebook.git
- You should see a new directory called
Set Up the Environment
- Open Command Prompt (not Git Bash!)
- CD to the project directory, for instance:
- Inside that folder, install the required Node modules:
npm install livestyl -d
- If it ends with
npm info ok, then everything is good.
Set Up Your Browser
- Disable the user style in your browser first. Your Facebook should turn back to white.
- Double-click run-server.bat. You may need to configure your Anti-Virus or Firewall.
- In your browser (Firefox or Chrome should work), go to http://localhost:25531/index.html. (in Windows, DO NOT FORGET index.html).
- You should see a bookmarklet link called Live CSS (if not, your browser is not supported), bookmark it.
- Go to Facebook and click the bookmark.
- The stylesheet should be applied on your page!
The styles are generated from
src/main.styl. When you edit and save it, the stylesheet will reload automatically.
Updating the CSS File
To update the file
dark-facebook.css at the front, double click
run-make-css.bat, and you're done.