Thai's personal push notification server written in Node.js. A combination of:
- zephyros for alerts and node-zephyros for a promise-based Node.js interface.
- express for building HTTP API.
- ursa for encrypting the Notification text.
- zeromq and zeromq.node for pubsub server.
- leveldb and [node-levelup] for local database.
- growl and node-growl for another notification system.
- hawk for HTTP authentication so that I don't have to roll my own.
It consists of several components:
- lets the client send a notification to the server
- publish the latest notification ID through a zeromq pubsub socket.
- lets subscribers get the notification data through an HTTP api.
- encrypts the notification message and post it to the server
- a command line interface to the client.
lets user type
pushnot app_name messageto send a push notification, for use in shell scripts.
- a zephyros script that subscribes to new notification messages and display an alert and send to growl.
Read the blog post for how to install.