AndroidViewClient was originally conceived as an extension to monkeyrunner but lately evolved as a pure python tool that automates or simplifies test script creation. It is a test framework for Android applications that:
- Automates driving Android applications
- Generates re-usable scripts
- Provides view-based device independent UI interaction
- Uses 'logical' screen comparison (UI Automator Hierarchy based) over image comparison (Avoiding extraneous detail issues, such as time or data changes)
- Supports running on multiple devices
- Provides simple control for high level operations like language change and activity start
- Supports all Android APIs
- Is written in python
As of June 2018 we have reached:
Thanks to all who made it possible.
Want to learn more?
Detailed information can be found in the AndroidViewClient/culebra wiki