A few things about me
🔭I’m FULLY REMOTE from Seattle, WA (PST) working on a few projects I dont want to talk about here yet. 🌱I’m a daily learner, who tries to learn something new every day. Also Trying to get more sleep. 👯I’m looking to collaborate on ways to make the world better, while sharing in the success I create for others. 🤔I’m looking for help with learning to be a better human, engineer, and friend. I want more friends. 💬Ask me about my desire to stay out of consulting and contracting permanently. I feel abused by contracts and no longer accept them. Don't ask. 📫How to reach me? Probably twitter 😄Pronouns: he/him/sir/lead/principle ⚡Fun fact: Most programming languages use the same patterns to define their internals.
- Distributed Systems
- Rest/GraphQL and Web API Architecture.
- Language Agnostic Full Stack Developer who dislikes the idea of being told to only do frontend work, so stays away from the "fullstack" title.
- C#, Python, Java, GoLang, Rust, and C are all interesting to me.
- Prefers PostgreSQL or MySQL when the requirements say we need an ACID Compliant DB.
- Agile, Test Driven Developmment (TDD), Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Very Interested in Accessability/a11y and wants to find a more formal way to support that.
- We live in a broken world when it costs nearly $16,000 to buy an 80 character braile screen reader to allow a blind person to code.
- How would you use your companies main product while wearing a full blindfold?
- How would you use your companies main product while wearing full ear plugs?
- How would your company interview a blind and deaf software engineer?
- Business Optimization and Business Process Optimization Consulting.
- Most people dont understand tech. I do, and I have an interest in growing tech companies.
- You would not belive the stuff I have seen companies waste money on.
- I'm good at changing my mind based on the available data, and that does not seem to be a skill everybody seems to have.
For Hiring Managers
- I'm not willing to consider your temp contract role. I'm out of contracting and consulting. If you want to hire me, you have to make me your employee.
- I'm 100% remote and do not look at or consider roles that require travel or commute to an office.
- If you expect me to come into an office, then you have unrealistic expectations.
- Please do not contact me about your electronic currency startup.
- I'm sick of getting contacted by groups of frat boys that do not undertand the tech.
- I'm sick of people not understanding what hash collisions are.
- I'm sick of people running scams and abusing others due to the high technical bar required to understand that its a scam.
- The words "plumless" and "buckeroo" both have the same crc32 hash, and will create a hash collision.
- Web3 is a series of hash collisions, at "web scale", designed to trick people with FOMO due to the high technical bar required to understand that its a scam.
Dear Recruiter, Thank you for your interest in my skills and services.
I'm not interested in contract roles of any kind. Do not ask.
I'm not interested in a commute or going to an office. Do not ask me to commute or travel.
I'm not interested in relocation of any kind. Do not ask me to relocate.
I'm not interested in working non-PST hours. Do not ask me to timeshift.
I'm not interested in working over 45 hours a week. The World Health Organization says working too too many hours a week is harmful to my health.
I do NOT have a gmail.
If for some reason you feel that you have an opportunity that I would be interested in please consider the following:
- I specialize in:
- Leading Software Development Teams
- Helping Teams Level Up
- Helping Companies grow enginering orgs the right way as they scale.
- Helping Companies optimize and scale through business value engine optimization.
- Software Development/Writing Code
- Distributed Systems Architecture and Design
- REST API Development
- Cloud Computing: AWS, Azure, others.
- Continuous Delivery piplines/Helping teams gain traction.
- Relational Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, etc.
- NoSQL Databases: Redis, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, others.
- I do NOT do front-end development or graphic design. Asking me to do them is explicitly unprofessional of you. Hire A Real Artist.
- My preferred platforms are Linux, Windows, Mac, AWS, Azure, but I have code helping to power Azure from my time at MS.
- My preferred languages are Python, C#, Rust, C, Java, Go, but I'm a language agnostic software developer and would rather focus on using the right tool for the job.
- I am a United States Citizen, and am NOT interested in working for any company that does not legitimatly have an american presence in the state of WA.
- My name (Duane) is Irish, but often confuses people. I only understand english and software fluently. I hang up on people who refuse to speak english.
- I only work 100% remote from my home in Seattle, WA, as I'm actively trying to protect people in my life who have compramised immune systems from Covid19.
- I live in a state where a recruiter misrepresenting a job is a crime per https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=49.44.050 and I hate that I have to link that here because it shows you the sort of people I am forced to deal with daily.
- I consider anybody asking me to either relocate or time shift to a non-PST time zone be acting criminally malicius and hostile under my states laws.