The Long Grass
Ready for a Poké Adventure? The long grass is waiting. This is a pokémon game built with react. It uses the pokemon API. It generates 3 pokemon every 3 seconds.Grab them all!
git clone https://github.com/FAC-Sixteen/RK-TBC.gitto clone the project
npm ito install all dependencies
npm startto launch the project on localhost:3000
- you can use
npm buildto create a local version of how the project will build on the live production version
- you can run
npm testto run tests locally.
How to Play
- Select the Pokemon type you would like to catch
- To catch a Pokemon just click on them but be warned they run.
- Try not to catch grass
- And scramble to catch as many as you can in 30 seconds
- Catch them all and beat your friends score
Things we Learned
- onError function for images in react.
- Using recursion (for the first time since we learned it many weeks ago)
- React makes things easy but can be weird
- loading custom fonts that are not google fonts.
tests for App.js
tests for utils
We used jest.spyOn to mock API calls