What is openSAP32
openSAP32 is open source software for modeling and perform structural analysis. This software is intended for students and civil engineers (especially structural engineer) who wants to compute structure's response such as deformation and internal force. Many softwares are created out there but they are good softwares that are too expensive for me to perform some simple analysis. So this software is born to satisfy my need and my thirstiness of knowledge in structural analysis. Right now this software can only be used to perform structural analysis for some simple structures. There will be GUI (Graphical User Interface), but that's still a long journey to get there. The development will be focused to solver engine and writing clean and tidy code.
- Structural types:
- Truss 2D
- Load type:
- Axial load to node in x and y direction
- Roller (restrained in x or y direction)
- Add initial settlement
- Concrete and steel material
- Area must be provided manually (there is not yet method to input dimension of section)
- Second moment of inertia must be provided manually (there is not yet method to input dimension of section)
- Structure's response
- Node displacement
- End Element force
- Axial Stress
- Store data using PyTables
- Simple drawing using openGL
- Analysis for Truss 3D
- Point load with specific angle
My name is Duken Marga Turnip, a bachelor with major civil engineering graduated from Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia. I'm very interested at computational on structural engineering and try to study more of it in my leisure time. You can visit my blog in http://duken.info/ (mostly in Indonesian).
This software is using BSD 3-clause license. In other words, you can use, distribute, even sell it without any restriction. But, you must include the copyright notice, the license, and the following disclaimer.