Notice It appears the underlying native udt library is no longer being maintained. There have been no new releases since Feb 2013. This library is simply a wrapper around the native library. This library has very little functionality on it's own. While I can make minor fixes to this wrapper library, I can not fix any issues discovered in the underlying native udt library, where most of the functionality resides.
UDT is a reliable UDP based application level data transport protocol for distributed data intensive applications over wide area high-speed networks. UDT uses UDP to transfer bulk data with its own reliability control and congestion control mechanisms. The new protocol can transfer data at a much higher speed than TCP does. UDT is also a highly configurable framework that can accommodate various congestion control algorithms.
- .Net API on top of the native UDT API
- Support for custom congestion control algorithms written in managed code
The code is in the Udt namespace and Udt.Socket is the interface to the native UDT socket library. The Udt.Socket API matches closely with the System.Net.Sockets.Socket API.
- Missing some properties in Packet (from CPacket)
- CongestionControl.SendCustomMessage (CCC::sendCustomMsg)
- CongestionControl.SetUserParameter (CCC::setUserParam)
- Something similar to TcpClient and TcpListener
- Asynchronous API
- More Documentation
- Microsoft .NET 4.0
- Visual C++ Redistributable Package (if you don't have Visual C++ installed)
- This package contains the VS2010 C Runtime and is required to run applications developed with Visual C++ 2010
- Microsoft Windows (Win32 and x64)
This project is implemented in Managed C++ and requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010. Building the demo apps and unit tests requires C# compiler.
BSD LICENSE Copyright (c) 2015 Cory Thomas