Entry to the SA GameDev Challege X game jam. Placed in the final-round top 12, won side-prize for "Best Use of Cats".
Major versions of the game are pushed to play at http://dupersaurus.github.io/sandlot-basenoball/. Repo can be downloaded to play locally.
####Immediate Tasks Game was submitted with code in "just make it work" quality. I am beginning a refactoring to improve the codebase, to be followed by changes to the game.
Rough roadmap for the refactoring is as follows:
Encounters Each type of encounter between a fielder and a batter/runner (batter vs pitcher, catching fielder vs batter, etc) is run by an Encounter object that:
- Contains the logic for the type of encounter
- Manages the UI for the counter
AI State Machine The different behaviors of characters in the field of play bundled up into a state machine, rather than hardcoded into Player class. See issue for break down of AI behaviors.
####Game Improvements Once the refactoring is complete, work will begin on iterating over the game design, with a mind to releasing it.
- Revamp the way calculations are performed
- Improve the way calculations are presented to the player
- Add opponent AI
- Decide to continue development for the web, or port for a mobile release