A command line tool to interact with the PostgreSQL Extension Network
For example, to install the semver extension, the client can be invoked as:
$ pgxn install semver
which would download and compile the extension for one of the PostgreSQL servers hosted on the machine and:
$ pgxn load -d somedb semver
which would load the extension in one of the databases of the server.
The client interacts with the PGXN web service and a Makefile provided by the extension. The best results are achieved with makefiles using the PostgreSQL Extension Building Infrastructure; however the client tries to degrade gracefully in presence of any package hosted on PGXN.
- Home page: http://pgxnclient.projects.postgresql.org/
- Downloads: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pgxnclient/
- Discussion group: http://groups.google.com/group/pgxn-users/
- Source repository: https://github.com/dvarrazzo/pgxnclient/
- PgFoundry project: http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgxnclient/
Please refer to the files in the docs directory for instructions about the program installation and usage.