Embedding Bokeh into a ReactJS app using BokehJS
This project highlights how to use BokehJS to (very) easily include Bokeh visualizations in an HTML webpage.
The project uses the following tech:
- Bootstrapped with Create React App.
- Bokeh is an excellent python vizualization library that is quite popular among data scientists. Bokeh Homepage
- Flask is a python webserver microframework that allows you to quickly and easily define a webserver in python. Flask Homepage
- BokehJS is a subset of the Bokeh project and makes it really easy to embed the visuals generated by Bokeh into a webpage. BokehJS Documentation
- Python 3(.6)
- npm / yarn (I assume yarn in this documentation)
- if you'd like a seperate python execution environment - pipenv
- Clone repo
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
In the project directory, you can run:
- yarn start : initializes react frontend dev server on port 5000
- python3 app.py : initializes python backend server on port 3000
Please read the blog post available here: (https://blog.davidvassallo.me/2019/03/11/embedding-bokeh-into-a-reactjs-app-using-bokehjs/)[https://blog.davidvassallo.me/2019/03/11/embedding-bokeh-into-a-reactjs-app-using-bokehjs/]