This is our entry to the RIOT GAMES API CHALLENGE 3.0
This is our entry to the RIOT GAMES API CHALLENGE 3.0 : Entertainment category.
What is it about?
Mastery Comparison is a web based application, which is created to compare two summoners' mastery points of the selected champion. After that the visitor has to guess who has more points.
How to use?
Opening the application, you find a short instruction about what's this site and what you need to do.
First, you have to fill two summoners' name and select the regions of them. After that, you have to select a champion who you want to compare between the two summoners. You can choose random champion by the "Random" button.
Next, the application going to collect the data and you have to choose between the summoners by who do you think has more points.
Finaly, you will get a result page about your choice with other useful infos.
You have the chance to share the result and challenge your friends or replay the whole game with new inputs.
If you'd like to setup our project
Count with these requirements:
- PHP >= 5.5.9
- OpenSSL PHP Extension
- PDO PHP Extension
- Mbstring PHP Extension
- Tokenizer PHP Extension
- Copy the files onto a web server.
- Mark the "public" folder as the root folder on your web server.
- Create a database
- Edit ".env" file and fill the empty strings in it.
- Run "php artisan key:generate" command in the project's main folder with your command line to create an APP_KEY
- Run "php artisan migrate" command in the project's main folder with your command line to create the table.
- Call this URL in your browser to import champions data: http://yoursite.com/db_update
- Try out our App! :)
What we learned under the development
- Wireframing is a good tequnique to make a plan about the design
- We have learned about Facebook/Twitter API
- We have tried out Heroku's web services and we loved it. - https://www.heroku.com/
- Try to select Teemo and compare with him/her/hamster.
- PHP/Laravel framework - We have chosen Laravel as a framework to speed up our development process. - http://laravel.com/
- Bootstrap - http://getbootstrap.com/
- jQuery - https://jquery.com/
- LESS - http://lesscss.org/
- Chart.js - http://www.chartjs.org/
- Animate.css - https://daneden.github.io/animate.css/
To Do List
- FULL RESPONSIVE
We don't have any. (JK!)
Mastery Comparison isn’t endorsed by Riot Games and doesn’t reflect the views or opinions of Riot Games or anyone officially involved in producing or managing League of Legends. League of Legends and Riot Games are trademarks or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc. League of Legends © Riot Games, Inc.