Gopher In LDPL
GILD is a gopher client for the terminal written in LDPL, a language for programmers.
- Surf your favorite Gopherholes in glorious technicolor!
- Quick, no-nonsense prompt-based navigation.
- Supports menus, files, and searches.
~ Screencast ~
~ Usage ~
Usage: gild hostname [port [selector]] $ gild gopher.black $ gild sdf.org 70 $ gild hngopher.com 70 /live/p1/
~ Install ~
Linux and Mac binaries can be downloaded from https://github.com/dvkt/gild/releases
Just unzip/untar the
gild binary into your
$PATH get going!
~ Building Source ~
- Install the LDPL programming language and build from master.
$ git clone https://github.com/lartu/ldpl $ cd ldpl/src $ make # cp ldpl to /usr/local/bin or something in your $PATH
ldplin your path, clone this repo then build it:
$ make build
Now visit your favorite gopher servers!
$ ./gild bitreich.org
~ TODO ~
- [✓] Connect to server and print response
- [✓] Display dir contents in technicolor
- [✓] Prompt-based navigation (show link #s and ask what to do)
- [✓] 0 to go back
- [✓] Render one page at a time
- [✓] Pipe file contents to less (or just use the same infra as menus)
- [✓] Search
(\~---. / (\-`-/) ( ' ' ) \ ( \_Y_/\ ""\ \___// `w " -nathaN