##How to build project:
- mkdir Gameboy
- cd Gameboy
- git clone https://github.com/dwaq/stm32f_GBCart.git
- cd stm32f_GBCart
- Download STSW-STM32068 from http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257904# and then cd to its directory
- unzip stsw-stm32068.zip -d ~/Gameboy/
- cd ~/Gameboy/stm32f_GBCart/linker
- move your Gameboy rom into ~/Gameboy/stm32f_GBCart/roms
- cd ~/Gameboy/stm32f_GBCart/roms
- ./create_rom.sh filename.gb
- cd ..
##How to program board (Linux): There's lots of ways to do this (just google it), but the way I prefer (from http://vedder.se/2012/07/get-started-with-stm32f4-on-ubuntu-linux/) is below (others may require additional steps because my system has many packages installed from previous prjects I've worked on):
- Install QStlink2 (https://github.com/fpoussin/qstlink2) from source or linked package
- run ```qstlink2'''
- connect your board to the PC
- click "Send..."
- open ~/Gameboy/stm32f_GBCart/gbcart.bin
- Confirm Yes
Game Boy Cartridge emulation from a stm32f4 Development Board
I wrote about this project in my blog:
This project implements the emulation of a gameboy cartridge using a stm32f4 Development Board. A real gameboy can be connected to a stm32f4 running this software and load real roms as well as homebrew roms.
- ROM Only and MBC1 Cartridges are implemented. See a full list at:
- RAM emulation implemented. The contents will be erased upon powering off the stm32f4
- Custom boot logo implemented. It will be shown only during the first boot.
In order to use a rom in the code, the file must be converted into a C array:
cp Tetris.gb rom.gb xxd -i rom.gb | sed 's/unsigned/unsigned const/g' > tetris_rom.h rm rom.gb
main.c: Main Program body.
Initialization of the GPIOs.
stm32f4xx_it.c: Interrupt handlers.
The interrupt handler for the rising flag trigger is defined here. It handles the read and write operations of the gameboy to the cartridge.
draw_logo.py: Draws a logo on a window
make_logo.py: Converts a png logo image into a binary file to be used as a boot logo
./make_logo.py dhole_logo2.png dhole_logo2.bin cp dhole_logo2.bin logo.bin xxd -i logo.bin > dhole2_logo.h rm logo.bin