TinyCore Linux Based RPi tweaks for improved sound.
- For Debian based systems see Debian Sound Tweaks
To improve the sound of the Raspberry Pi using TinyCore Linux several parameters can be adjusted.
- Improving the priority of the Audio threads
- Change audio thread scheduling from 'other' to FIFO
- Improving the latency of the Operating System with Kernel adjustments
- Change Squeezelite priority and thread scheduling to FIFO
- SSH into PiCorePlayer
- see PiCorePlayer How-To for SSH instructions
- Run commands from home directory
- wget https://github.com/dynobot/TinyCore-Sound-Adjustments/raw/master/install.sh
- sudo chmod 755 install.sh
- sudo ./install.sh
- wget https://github.com/dynobot/TinyCore-Sound-Adjustments/raw/master/remove.sh
- sudo chmod 755 remove.sh
- sudo ./remove.sh