Please take a quick look at the contribution guidelines first. If you see a package or project here that is no longer maintained or is not a good fit, please submit a pull request to improve this file.
Getting Started with (Awesome) TypeScript
Awesome TypeScript Essential Resources
📚Handbook - Welcome to TypeScript the official resource for learning TypeScript 📚TypeScript Deep Dive by Basarat Ali Syed
- Microsoft/TypeScript on Github fork TypeScript on Github! Or... just read the code
- The official TypeScript Roadmap
📚TypeScript Team Blog with announcements and recent updates
- DefinitelyTyped, the repository for high quality TypeScript type definitions maintained by Boris Yankov
- Type search, search for typings on npm
📚Community Curated Resources
Typescript Project Starters
- typescript-starter – A CLI to quickly generate and configure new libraries and Node.js projects
- next-smrt – A Typescript/NextJs boilerplate with Redux/Styled Components/Material UI and TypeSafe Actions.
📚 🔥Angular Development with Typescript, Second Edition (MEAP October 2017) Angular Development with Typescript, Second Edition is an intermediate-level tutorial that introduces Angular and TypeScript to developers comfortable with building web applications using other frameworks and tools. (by Yakov Fain and Anton Moiseev; Manning) 📚Angular 2 Development with TypeScript (2016) by Yakov Fain and Anton Moiseev; Manning 📚Learning TypeScript 2.x 2nd Ed. by Remo H. Jansen 📚Mastering TypeScript 2nd Ed. by Nathan Rozentals 📚Beginning Angular 4 with TypeScript by Greg Lim
CLI and REPL
- Use ts-node to run scripts or REPL
- How to make executable typescript scripts:
- Make sure you have
npm >= 5.2) and
typescriptpackage is installed
- Add this shebang as first line to your script:
- Make script executable:
chmod +x script.ts
- Run directly:
- Make sure you have
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2015 - free (conditionally) IDE with integrated TypeScript support
- VS Addon - TypescriptSyntaxPaste - Allow you to copy C# source code, then paste as Typescript syntax which help you with converting DTO or interface
- NodeJS Tools for Visual Studio
Other (Plugins || Cross-platform || OSS || Free)
- Visual Studio Code
- CATS is an IDE for TypeScript and Web developers by @jbaron
- TypeScript Sublime Plugin by @Microsoft
- Atom TypeScript by @TypeStrong
- TypeScript Interactive Development Environment for Emacs by @ananthakumaran
- TypeScript IDE for Eclipse
- TypeScript Syntax for VIM
- Typescript addin for MonoDevelop, SharpDevelop and Xamarin Studio; a short review article
- TypeScript playground by @agentcooper, supports multiple TS versions and compiler targets
- TypeScript playground-on-ace by @hi104 updated to TypeScript 1.5
- TypeScript official Playground
- JS Bin (Select TypeScript)
- Codepen (Select TypeScript)
- TypeScript Interpret - Terminal Emulator by @niutech
- TypeScript Editor by @drake7707
Awesome TypeScript Videos
- wmonk/create-react-app-typescript Create React apps using typescript with no build configuration; based on
- Microsoft/TypeScript-React-Starter A starter template for TypeScript and React with a detailed README describing how to use the two together; based on
- jsxtyper Generates TypeScript interfaces from .jsx files
📜Building a simple react component with typescript
- TodoMVC • TypeScript + React Example
📜Working with React and TypeScript 💂vortigern - A universal boilerplate for building web applications w/ TypeScript, React, Redux and more. 🤖Convert React code to TypeScript automatically
- React Server Example TSX Boilerplate for isomorphic web app with React server-side rendering in TypeScript
- React & Redux in TypeScript - Static Typing Guide The complete guide to static typing in "React & Redux" using TypeScript
- Typescript Monorepo CRA Example - A minimalistic CRA + typescript monorepo.
- Typescript Monorepo Next Example - A minimalistic next.js + typescript monorepo.
📜React TypeScript Kickstart Guide - In-depth, incl. boilerplate, cookbook & snipptes for Redux, Sass, Storybook and unit testing.
Aspect Oriented Programming
- Agent Framework Create interceptor for your class and method using @decorators
- Grunt tasks:
- grunt-ts - Grunt-ts is an npm package that handles TypeScript compilation work in GruntJS build scripts
- Zwitterion - Super simple development server with built-in support for TypeScript files.
- Webpack - supports CommonJS and AMD module bundling
📜TypeScript and webpack - How to configure Webpack for TypeScript with source map support
- Browserify - CommonJS module bundler. Does not support TypeScript "out of the box", but can be applied with * Grunt tasks: grunt-ts, grunt-browserify, grunt-contrib-uglify
- fuse-box | http://fuse-box.org/ - typescript sample: fuse-box-ts-react-reflux-seed
- TypeDoc - A documentation generator for TypeScript projects
- TsLint - TypeScript linter by @palantir
- TypeScript Standard - Zero-configuration TypeScript 2 Standard Validation
- typed-install - Easily install new dependencies and their typings, no matter where they may be
- Interactive TypeScript AST Viewer - Write TypeScript snippets and explore its AST.
- type-o-rama - JS type systems interportability
- utility-types - Utility Types for TypeScript (provide compatibility with Flow's Utility Types)
- elm-ts - Port of Elm architecture to TypeScript featuring fp-ts, io-ts, rxjs5 and React
Built with TypeScript
- Monaco Editor
- Angular - Angular is a development platform for building mobile and desktop web applications
- ionic - An open-source mobile app development framework build in TypeScript
- React-UWP - React Components that Implement Microsoft's UWP Design & Fluent Design.
- palantir/plottable - A library of modular chart components, built on
D3(see also: http://plottablejs.org)
- APIs-guru/graphql-voyager - Represent any GraphQL API as an interactive graph
- Rebilly/ReDoc - OpenAPI/Swagger-generated API Reference Documentation
- Bobril - Component oriented framework inspired by Mithril and ReactJs. (see also: http://bobril.com/)
- Stencil - a tool for building modern Web Components
- redux-zero - A lightweight state container based on Redux
- wretch - A tiny (< 2.2Kb g-zipped) wrapper built around fetch with an intuitive syntax.
- Visual Studio Code - Multiplatform IDE.
- alm - A next generation IDE just for TypeScript written in TypeScript + React
- Design Patterns implementation - Implementation of the well-known 23 patterns of GoF
- substitute.js - A fluent mocking library for TypeScript ported from NSubstitute.
- TypeMoq - A simple mocking library for TypeScript.
- fast-check - Property based testing framework for TypeScript.
- TypeGQL - Set of tools for creating GraphQL schema directly from typed TypeScript class.
- TSTL - Implementation of C++ STL (Standard Template Library) in TypeScript. Provided modules are containers, iterators, algorithms and functors.
- ECOL - Extension of TSTL containers; collections dispatching Elements I/O events.
- Kalimdor.js - Machine Learning library for the Web, Node and Developers!
- prelude.ts - Functional programming: immutable persistent collections, constructs such as Option and Either, and combinators.
- ee-ts - Typed event emitters
- io-ts - Type validation at runtime
🆓 Free Courses
- Angular Applications with TypeScript (Microsoft Virtual Academy)
- AngularJS with TypeScript made easy (SSW TV)
💵 Paid Courses
- TypeScript Fundamentals (Pluralsight)
- Practical TypeScript Migration (Pluralsight)
- Angular with TypeScript (Pluralsight)
- Using TypeScript for Large AngularJS Applications (Pluralsight)
- Introduction to TypeScript (Packt)
- Mastering TypeScript (Packt)