php-pim project is a Personal Information Manager written in PHP. It is developed with NetBeans IDE 8.0 and XAMPP 1.8.2.
This web application has the following functionality:
- items management (these can be notes, tasks or whatever you like)
- items categorization
- address book (contact management)
- export of all links from all items to XML file
- items can be reviewed, sorted by date and priority and filtered by category
- items can be searched by keyword
- this Personal Information Manager actually functions like a lot of Personal Information Managers
- every user account has its own Personal Information Manager
- there is an administration control panel, administrator as special user has access to it
- administration control panel allows to view, edit, activate and deactivate registered users
- new users can sign up by using a sign up form
- and more!
Create VirtualHost at your local machine or set up a subdomain at your hosting provider.
Create MySQL database and user. The current project uses the following configuration (this can be found in
mysql -u root -p CREATE DATABASE pim; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON pim.* TO "pimclient"@"localhost" IDENTIFIED BY "password"; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; EXIT
BASE_URLto match your hostname. Search for
install.php. Just point your browser to
install.phpfile. For example,
http://your-hostname.net/install.php. If the installation has been successful, You should see the following message: "Installation completed successfully! Do not forget to delete install.php file."
You might also want to change
$config = parse_ini_file('./config.ini', true);line in
models/db_sql.php(for security purposes).
This project uses the following technologies:
- PHP 5
- MySQL (PDO)
- .htaccess, .ini, robots.txt
Third-party libraries used in this project
None of the PHP frameworks are used. PHP code is written entirely from scratch. (This makes it work really fast even on a shared hosting account.)