Currently, there are two rulesets included:
- Custom Ruleset
- aXe Ruleset
For instructions on how to run these rulesets, visit the Examples.
The rules of the custom ruleset are grouped into 5 main categories (see below). Each custom rule aligns with a WCAG 2.0 Technique. Next to each rule, we list the WCAG technique and success criteria.
- Objects and Alternative Text
- H24 Image Map Alt Attribute, H24 (1.1.1, 2.4.4, 2.4.9)
- H35 Applet Tag Alt Attribute, H35 (1.1.1)
- H53 Object Tag Alt Attribute, H53 (1.1.1, 1.2.3, 1.2.8)
- H64 IFrame Tag Title Attribute, H64 (2.4.1, 4.1.2)
- H46 Embed Tag, H46 (1.1.1, 1.2.8)
- H37 Image Tag Alt Attribute, H37 (1.1.1)
- Page Layout
Deque Systems actively supports aXe and provides rule descriptions.
These rulesets are published to the Public NPM Registry at @ebay/accessibility-ruleset-runner.