This repository holds core components of the model-driven engineering tool eMoflon.
Capabilities of eMoflon Core:
- Basic EMF builder (An autobuilder that regenerates Java code whenever you modify an .ecore file)
- eMoflon perspective
- eMoflon console
How to install
Eclipse update site available at https://emoflon.org/emoflon-core-updatesite/stable/updatesite/
https://emoflon.org/ hosts the eMoflon website with general information.
https://github.com/eMoflon/emoflon-docu provides documentation and the Wiki of eMoflon.
Visit https://github.com/eMoflon/emoflon-core/issues to report any issues.
Licensing information can be found in LICENSE.md.
How to set up an eMoflon Core developer workspace
- Install Eclipse Oxygen 2 with Modeling Tools (or higher)
- Install XText 2.12.0 (or higher)
- See Help -> Eclipse Marketplace... -> Find 'Eclipse XText'
- Note: The entry says '2.11.0,' but 2.12.0 will be installed.
- Clone Git repository from here: https://github.com/eMoflon/emoflon-core.git
- Import the PSF file located here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eMoflon/emoflon-core/master/projectSet.psf)
- Run all MWE2 workflows to generate XText-specific code
- See "Open Resource" dialog (Ctrl+Shift+R) -> Filter for files ending with .mwe2
- Make sure that autobuild is active so that the remaining code is generated and the Java compiler gets triggered.
- See Project -> Build Automatically
- To test your setup,
- open a runtime Eclipse workspace,
- create a new eMoflon EMF project (File -> New -> Other... -> Filter for 'eMoflon' -> New eMoflon EMF Project Wizard),
- add a dummy class to the .ecore file in the /models folder of the freshly created project, and
- observe how eMoflon generates the corresponding EMF-compliant Java code into the /gen folder.
How to provide the eMoflon Core update site
- Follow the instructions in org.moflon.core.releng.updatesite/README.md for building and releasing the update site
How to work with Tycho
- Make sure that Maven is installed
- See Help -> Install new Software... -> Filter for 'm2e' or look into 'General Purpose Tools/m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse'
- Launch the launch configuration located here: /org.moflon.core.tycho.parent/.launch/emoflon-core.launch