Operations are the possible actions your eProsima Micro XRCE-DDS Client can ask to the eProsima Micro XRCE-DDS Agent. Operations revolve around :ref:`entities_label`. eProsima Micro XRCE-DDS Agent will respond to all the requests with the status of the operation.
- Create session
- Create session asks the Agent to register a session. This is the first operation that you must request. If this operation fails or you don't request it, any of the following operations will not work. This operation will create the session corresponding to the Client-Agent connection.
- Delete session
- Delete connection Client-Agent and remove all entities associated with this relation. After this operation, any other operation except Create session will fail.
- Create entity
- A session can create all the entities it needs. There is a Create entity operation for each entity your session can handle. Each Create entity operation are related to an ID for its management.
- Delete entity
- Analogous to create entities a session can drop the entities on the Agent. To drop an entity you need to request a deletion of the entity to the Agent using the entity ID.
- Request Data
- This operation configures how do you want to receive data, and the Agent will deliver it from the DDS to your Client. This data will be received asynchronously, in accordance with the data delivery control setted in this operation. Reading data is done using a DataReader entity.
About XML Representation
Participats, Topics, DataWriters and DataReaders creation needs to be done using DDS XML configuration of the object to create. That XML configuration follows the same rules as in eProsima Fast RTPS.