The x-surface is an eTextile sensors mat used to sense the steps and simulate sound textures under your feets
This project is still in a beta phase, where drastic changes may occur and backwards compatibility is not guaranteed until the final release.
About The project
the x-surface is an eTextile sensor mat used to sens the steps and simulate sound textures under your feets. Walking on the leaves, walking on the snow, walking in the puddles, walking on, walking on the moon. This idea came from a series of interactives floor projects like the Giant keyboard made for people with disabilities, or the development of the Surface floor slabs used for events and shrooms. Made out of knitted structure this sensor include electrical textile switches matrix that resist against the stresses of the steps.
Development tools & DOCs
- Web page: http://x-surface.eTextile.org/
- Repository: https://github.com/eTextile/x-surface/tree/master
- License: CC-BY-SA
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pictures: flickr.com
- Hardware_textile: eTextile matrix sensor specifications
- Hardware_electronic: extension board PCB sources
- Firmware: the Arduino firmware allowing interoperability
- Softwear: load your own sounds into the audio player software
Except as otherwise noted, all files in the x-surface project folder
Copyright (c) 2014-2018 Maurin Donneaud and others.
For information on usage and redistribution, and for a DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES, see LICENSE.txt