KiCad StepUp tools are a FreeCAD Macro and a FreeCAD WorkBench to help in Mechanical Collaboration between KiCad EDA and FreeCAD or a Mechanical CAD.
KiCad StepUp features:
- load kicad board and parts in FreeCAD and export it to STEP (or IGES) for a full ECAD MCAD collaboration
- load kicad_mod footprint in FreeCAD to easy and precisely align the mechanical model to kicad footprint
- convert the STEP 3D model of parts, board, enclosure to VRML with Materials properties for the best use in kicad
- check interference and collisions for enclosure and footprint design
- design a new pcb Edge with FreeCAD Sketcher and PUSH it to an existing kicad_pcb Board
- PULL a pcb Edge from a kicad_pcb Board, edit it in FC Sketcher and PUSH it back to kicad
- design a new footprint in FreeCAD to get the power of Sketch in footprints
- generate Blender compatible VRML files
Download and install your corresponding version of FreeCAD from wiki Download page and either install
- automatically using the FreeCAD Add-on Manager (bundled in to 0.17 dev version under Tools Menu)
- manually by copying the kicadStepUpMod folder to the Mod sub-directory of the FreeCAD application.
StepUp Cheat sheet
- FreeCAD 0.15 4671 or 0.16 >= 6712 or 0.17 >= 11707 or 0.18 or 0.19