This is a quick and dirty script to export one MS Office Excel workbook in OOXML format (*.xlsx) to multiple CSV files, one per Worksheet. The names of output files are derived from the basename of the input file and from the names of the Worksheets. The script writes RFC4180 conform files. Empty cells are replaced with empty strings.
- Download the installer xlsxtocsv_setup.exe
- Double-click it.
- Click "Install". Accept default options by clicking "Next" and "Install". Note: No administrative rights are required on your Windows computer to install xlsxtocsv.
- Click "Finish" and allow your computer to reboot.
- After the installation there will be an entry xlsxtocsv in your Start Menu.
- Click it.
- Choose xlsx file to convert.
- Choose directory where to put the output.
- Observe how the csv file(s) appear in the output directory you chose.
Unix / Linux / OSX
pip install git+https://github.com/eawag-rdm/xlsxtocsv.git
xlsxtocsv.py [-h] [-f EXCELFILE] [-o OUTPUTDIRECTORY] Exports multiple CSV files from an Excel *.xlsx Workbook optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -f EXCELFILE The Excel file to export. If omitted, a graphical file chooser will be used. -o OUTPUTDIRECTORY The output directory. Default is the current directory if EXCELFILE was given, otherwise a file chooser will be used as well.