Building from Source at the Command Line
The Turmeric project uses Maven 3.0 as a build tool and Git as the source code repository. It also requires Java 6.0. You must install them before performing this task. These instructions assume that you are running from the command line.
- Apache Maven 3.0 installed.
- Java 6.0
How can I build a local copy of the Monitoring component?
- Clone a copy of the Monitoring source code. git clone git://github.com/ebayopensource/turmeric-monitoring.git
- Make sure you have an active Internet connection, which the build requires to download all required dependencies.
- Once you have checked out the files, change to the directory where you checked the files out, and you can start a build by running:mvn clean install
- Unit tests run during the build. To skip these tests, use the following command instead:mvn clean install -DskipTests=true
The build takes 15 to 25 minutes.