Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Useful Regular Expressions!
To find ends of sentences: \.\s[A-Z]
Same with capturing groups: (\.)\s([A-Z])
Replace with: \1</s><s>\2
1. Select the text of the transcription (so the regex is not applied to the header)
2. Open the find and replace dialogue (Ctrl + F) and select “Selected lines only”
3. Find: (\.|:|/|\?)\s
4. Replace with: \1</cl>\n<cl>
5. Add a <cl> just after the <p> element and delete the <cl> before the paragraph clossing tag </p>
6. Indent and format the file so it is easier to read: Ctrl + Shift + P , or “Format and indent” bottom in the oXygen tool bar.
Other things to remember: When there is a new clause that begins with a capital letter but punctuation is absent.
Clause.....ends<choice><sic></sic><corr>.<corr></choice></cl><cl>New clause here....