A Ruby interface to the EBSCO Discovery Services API.
- Ruby 2.2+
Add this line to your application's Gemfile:
And then execute:
Or install it yourself as:
$ gem install ebsco-eds
- Research Starters are included in results response, when available
- Configurable auto-suggest or 'Did you mean' support
- Configurable auto-correct support
- Quick-view images can be included in results, when available - screencast
- RIS citations are now included in the record response
Bug reports and pull requests are welcome on GitHub at https://github.com/ebsco/edsapi-ruby.
After checking out the repo, run
bin/setup to install dependencies.
You can run
bin/console for an interactive prompt that will allow you to experiment.
To install this gem onto your local machine, run
bundle exec rake install.
Running the tests
git clone git://github.com/ebsco/edsapi-ruby && cd edsapi-ruby
- Create a
- It should look like the following:
EDS_PROFILE=profile_name EDS_GUEST=n EDS_USER=your_user_id EDS_PASS=secret EDS_AUTH=ip EDS_ORG=your_institution
To release a new version, update the version number in
version.rb, and then run
bundle exec rake release, which will create a git tag for the version, push git commits and tags, and push the
.gem file to rubygems.org.
The gem is available as open source under the terms of the MIT License.