a peer 2 peer, distributed, storage and indexing facility
Heron provides a simple platform for the trusted publication, search and retrieval of data over a P2P network in order to facilitate and encourage peer-reviewed sharing of information.
- A distributed hash table (DHT) to store data, metadata and indexes over a peer 2 peer network.
- A UI to extract metadata, annotate and publish files to the DHT.
- A UI to issue distributed search queries on the distributed metadata index (filtered by peer signature) and download the results.
- Cryptographic routines (GPG) to create digital identities, trust relations and manage the social graph of the platform Web of Trust (WOT.)
- A UI to cryptographically "sign" uploads (such as files, metadata and transactions affecting them) to the DHT.
- UI elements and a metadata item to represent the peer review process (PUBLISH, RETRACT, ENDORSE, UNENDORSE)
- A UI to draft and publish new metadata collections and format definitions, maps, overlays, comments, stories...