Pants is a lightweight framework for writing asynchronous network applications in Python. Pants is simple, fast and elegant.
Pants is available under the Apache License, Version 2.0
- An incomplete feature list:
- Single-threaded, asynchronous, callback-oriented.
- TCP networking - clients and servers!
- IPv4, IPv6 and UNIX socket families.
- SSL/TLS support for all that security stuff.
- Basic scheduling and timers.
- A speedy HTTP server with a handy WebSockets implementation.
- A simple web framework and support for WSGI.
And it's all so, so easy to use. Check it out:
.. literalinclude:: ../examples/echo.py :language: python
Here's a web example for good measure:
.. literalinclude:: ../examples/hello_web.py :language: python
And here's how you get Pants:
pip install pants
- Want to get started? There's plenty to do:
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 user_guide core/index web/index contrib/index