This codebase contains various experiments that I have run on the laser projector. If I like something, it'll be broken out into its own project and possibly ported to a compiled langauge.
Early on, this code served as a tool for me to study the behavior of the galvos. For all intents and purposes, there's nothing further to be done here. This was all experimental and remains merely a self-learning tool that I utilized in the past.
Occasionally when I want to write something quickly, I'll come back to this code. But I expect future work to be done with Light Engine once I've finished.
Libraries, License, etc.
My code is MIT-licensed, however some of the includes may not be.
- Jacob's GPL-licensed daclib code for the EtherDream DAC.
- Several Graffiti Markup Language (GML) files from http://000000book.com/
- PyGML for the GML/graffiti demos
- OpenCV for the image processing code
- A parent's permission
My other (better) laser stuff
- Laser Asteroids is a game loosely based on the arcade classic "Asteroids" that I programmed for the Fall 2012 Georgia Game Jam.
- Light Engine work in progress lasing engine in C++. This project aims to become a fast 2D laser graphics engine for videogames, realtime drawing, and other interactive applications.