Eclipse Color Theme
Color themes for Eclipse.
Eclipse Color Theme makes it possible to import and switch color themes conveniently and without side effects.
You can install the plugin from the update site (there's also an archive of the site for offline installation). After installing, go to Window->Preferences->General->Appearance->Color Theme to change the color theme.
- When updating the plugin via Eclipse, go to the preferences page and press OK once, otherwise you won't see any changes. We're planning to fix this.
- When updating from an earlier version than 0.6, please uninstall the plugin and the update site, add the site listed above and install it again from there. Otherwise you won't see any updates.
Editors and themes
Eclipse Color Theme currently supports the following editors:
- ActionScript/MXML (Adobe Flash Builder)
- BibTex/LaTeX (TeXlipse)
- Clojure (Counterclockwise)
- ColdFusion (CFEclipse)
- Erlang (ErlIDE)
- FreeMarker (JBoss Tools)
- Go (GoClipse)
- Gradle (Nodeclipse/Enide Minimalist Gradle Editor)
- Haskell (EclipseFP)
- haXe (eclihx)
- HTML (Eclipse WTP, AngularJS Eclipse Plugin)
- IvyDE editor (Apache IvyDE)
- Jade (Node.js template engine; Nodeclipse/Enide Minimalist Jade Editor)
- Java properties (Eclipse JDT, Properties Editor)
- Json (Json Eclipse Plugin, Eclipse Json Editor Plugin, JsonTools)
- Less (Eclipse plugin for LESS)
- Protocol Buffers
- Puppet (Gepetto)
- R (StatET)
- TypeScript (Eclipse TypeScript Plug-in, TypeScript IDE for Eclipse)
- Yaml (Yedit)
- Black Pastel
- Gedit Original Oblivion
- NightLion Aptana Theme
- Notepadd++ Like
- Solarized Dark
- Solarized Light
- Sublime Text 2
- Vibrant Ink
You can download additional themes or create your own on eclipsecolorthemes.org.
Since pretty much all Eclipse Color Theme users are developers, and since it supports many more editors than a single person could possibly want to use, the project has always been driven by our fantastic contributors.
Please consider contributing if you're missing support for an editor, get annoyed by a bug or just want to help - it's greatly appreciated! See the contributor guide for a start.
You can generate an update site using Maven:
mvn clean verify
This will create an update site in com.github.eclipsecolortheme.updatesite/target/repository.
By default, Eclipse Color Theme will be built against the Eclipse Mars version of the platform. You can build against either Eclipse Luna or Kepler by setting the "platform-version" property, for example:
mvn clean verify -Dplatform-version=kepler
Copyright (C) 2010-2014 Felix H. Dahlke and Roger Dudler
This is open source software, licensed under the Eclipse Public License. See the file COPYING for details.