The Java™ Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB) provides an API and tools that automate the mapping between XML documents and Java objects.
The JAXB framework enables developers to perform the following operations:
- Unmarshal XML content into a Java representation
- Access and update the Java representation
- Marshal the Java representation of the XML content into XML content
JAXB gives Java developers an efficient and standard way of mapping between XML and Java code. Java developers using JAXB are more productive because they can write less code themselves and do not have to be experts in XML. JAXB makes it easier for developers to extend their applications with XML and Web Services technologies.
Documentation for this release consists of the following:
- Release Notes
- Running the binding compiler (XJC): XJC, XJC Ant Task
- Running the schema generator (schemagen): SchemaGen, SchemaGen Ant Task
- JAXB Users Guide
- Sample Apps
- JAXB FAQs Frequently Asked Questions
Licensing and Governance
JAXB is licensed under Eclipse Distribution License v. 1.0, which is available at http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/edl-v10.php.