Eclipse IDE integration for Maven (Eclipse m2e project)
M2Eclipse provides tight integration for Apache Maven into the Eclipse IDE with the following features:
- Rich editor for pom.xml files
- Launching Maven builds from within Eclipse
- Dependency management for Eclipse build path based on Maven's pom.xml
- Resolving Maven dependencies from the Eclipse workspace without installing to local Maven repository
- Automatic downloading of the required dependencies from the remote Maven repositories
- Wizards for creating new Maven projects, pom.xml and to enable Maven support on plain Java project
- Quick search for dependencies in Maven remote repositories
The recommended way is to install using the Eclipse marketplace entry for m2e. Either using the installation tricks possible from the website or using the Eclipse Marketplace Client directly from within the IDE.
Alternatively, you can install the lastest M2Eclipse release by using the Install New Software dialog in Eclipse IDE, pointing it to this p2 repository: https://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases/latest/
For information about testing development builds, see CONTRIBUTING.md.