We're pleased to announce the first milestone build for rdf4j 3.0.0.
Rdf4j 3.0 is a major new release of the rdf4j framework. It contains several backward incompatible changes.
- Major improvements to the SHACL Sail
- Cleanup of core APIs (removing deprecated and obsolete code)
- Preparing rdf4j for Java 11/12 compatibility
- Rdf4j Server / Workbench upgrade to Servlet API 3.1
This first milestone build is not yet feature-complete:
Rdf4j 3.0 contains several backward incompatible changes. We distinguish changes that affect users of the Rdf4j tools (Console, Workbench, Server), changes that affect users of the Rdf4j APIs and libraries, and changes that affect third party Sail / Repository implementations. See the linked issues for further details.
rdf4j tools users
- Due to an up upgrade to Spring 5.1. Rdf4j Server and Rdf4j Workbench now require a servlet container that support Servlet API 3.1. For Apache Tomcat, that means Tomcat 8 or better. For Eclipse Jetty, it means Jetty 9 or better.
- The RDFS inferencer has changed its default behavior for inferred triples.
rdf4j API/library users
- The deprecated Graph API has been removed. Any code that still uses
GraphUtilwill need to be rewritten to use corresponding features in the Model API.
- Deprecated methods have been removed from the Model API. Any existing code that uses the deprecated methods will need to be rewritten to use the recommend new methods.
- The deprecated package
org.eclipse.rdf4j.model.util.languagehas been removed.
third-party sail / repository implementors
initialize()) on a Repository or Sail object is no longer mandatory.
- we allow injection of optimizers into a Sail object.
- testsuites and compliance tests have been moved and refactored. If you were depending on a particular testsuite and can no longer find it, contact us.