RedDeer Log Parser
RedDeer Log Parser is a tool providing mechanism to parse content of log file dependent on defined rules and display parsed log file nicely formatted in customized Eclipse editor. Main purpose of this tool is to make it easier for users to find and display important information from long log file created during RedDeer test.
For a quick start watch RedDeer Log Parser screencast.
How it works
- Define parse rules
- Specify log file location and assign defined parse rules to log
- Display parsed log in customized Eclipse editor
Define parse rules
Parse rules can be defined via Eclipse preferences accessed via workbench menu Window > Preferences > RedDeer Tools > Log Parser
Each parse rule has these attributes:
- name - name of the rule. It's mandatory and unique across Eclipse workspace
- description - description of the parse rule
- include regex - regular expression which log line has to match to be included in parsed log
- exclude regex - regular expression which log line has to match to be excluded from parsed log even line would be included by include regex
- indent - indent for line displayed in parsed log
- prefix - prefix added to line included in parsed log
- display lines before - number of lines preceding a matching line of the original log displayed in the parsed log
- display lines after - number of lines following a matching line of the original log displayed in the parsed log
Specify log file location and assign defined parse rules to log
To specify log file location and assign parse rules to log open Log Parser view included in RedDeer Tools view category and choose Add Log tool item from Log Parser view tool bar
Display parsed log in customized Eclipse editor
To open parsed log in Eclipse editor just double click on log in Log Parser view or choose Parse Log tool item from Log Parser view tool bar. It will open log in Log Parser editor which contains two tabs on the first tab is displayed parsed and formatted log and on second tab is displayed original log.
Log is opened in read-only mode.
Via context menu in parsed log user can display currently line selected in parsed log in original log to see more context for particular line in parsed log.