Guide to contributing
Please read this if you intend to contribute to the project.
Apologies in advance for the extra work required here - this is necessary to comply with the Eclipse Foundation's strict IP policy.
Please also read this
In order for any contributions to be accepted you MUST do the following things.
Sign the Eclipse Foundation Contributor License Agreement. To sign the Eclipse CLA you need to:
Add your github username in your Eclipse Foundation account settings. Log in it to Eclipse and go to account settings.
"Sign-off" your commits
Every commit you make in your patch or pull request MUST be "signed off".
You do this by adding the
-s flag when you make the commit(s), e.g.
git commit -s -m "Shave the yak some more"
Making your changes
- Fork the repository on GitHub
- Create a new branch for your changes
- Make your changes
- Make sure you include tests
- Make sure the test suite passes after your changes
- Commit your changes into that branch
- Use descriptive and meaningful commit messages
- If you have a lot of commits squash them into a single commit
- Make sure you use the
-sflag when committing as explained above.
- Push your changes to your branch in your forked repository
Submitting the changes
Submit a pull request via the normal GitHub UI.
- Do not use your branch for any other development, otherwise further changes that you make will be visible in the PR.