Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Its fairly easy to deploy the Semantics Service on a new Machine. The procedures for both the Semantics Service and Downloader Instance are described below. Same are further divided based on production or development requirements.
Table of Contents
Deploy Packaged .war to a Web Server (e.g. Jetty).
i.e. BigSemanticsService.war can be deployed as a Webapp to a Web/Application Server like Tomcat, Jetty, Resin, Glassfish, JBOSS.
Jetty has proven to be a good choice for us so far! Here's the context file that can be used with the deployment.
Clone the Service Repository and run within an IDE
i.e. clone BigSemanticsService repository and import the projects into a workspace. Choose from:
A) Add a Server to the workspace and run BigSemanticsService project through the IDE itself.
- needs JavaEE IDE or upgrade Java IDE with Web/JavaEE Tools.
- may additionally require an Eclipse plugin for running Jetty from Eclipse: http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/updates/jetty-wtp.
- can use a maven2eclipse plugin to get the dependencies: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases.
B) Use ant build (target: buildwar) to generate the .war and run it as a webapp on a web/application server. (Change the sftp.host, sftp.user, sftp.port values in the build.xml if using the target: deploy)
Also, context file mentioned in production environment section can be utilized.
Deploy packaged .jar.
Setup DownloaderInstance project through cloning the BigSemanticsRepository and importing the projects into a workspace.
Within Eclipse IDE
- On creating a server instance, jar(s) for jetty annotations need to be added to the instance's classpath.
- In BigSemanticsService project properties -> Deployment assembly, references might not be automatically recognized, and might be required to add again.
- Edit service.properties and log4j.configuration files for setting cache and log paths. These are present in the config directory of the BigSemanticsService project. Also, see Configuration-files-and-path-scheme.
- BigSemanticsJava would also be required to be cloned to get the dependencies.