This cookbook install zabbix-agent and zabbix-server.
By defaut the cookbook install zabbix-agent, check the attribute for enable/disable zabbix_server / web or disable zabbix_agent installation.
Default login password for zabbix frontend is admin / zabbix CHANGE IT !
Please include the default recipe before using any other recipe.
Don't forget to set :
['zabbix']['agent']['servers'] = ["Your_zabbix_server.com","secondaryserver.com"] ['zabbix']['web']['fqdn'] or you will not have the zabbix web interface
node['zabbix']['server']['branch'] = "ZABBIX%20Latest%20Stable" node['zabbix']['server']['version'] = "2.0.0" ndoe['zabbix']['server']['install_method'] = "source"
node['zabbix']['agent']['branch'] = "ZABBIX%20Latest%20Stable" node['zabbix']['agent']['version'] = "2.0.0" node['zabbix']['agent']['install_method'] = "prebuild"
AWS RDS :
Set this attribute with to use RDS for the Zabbix database. Default database remains localhost MySQL.
node['zabbix']['server']['db_install_method'] = "rds_mysql"
These attributes must also be set. Values below are pre-defined.
node['zabbix']['server']['rds_master_user'] = "" node['zabbix']['server']['rds_master_password'] = "" node['zabbix']['server']['rds_dbhost'] = "" node['zabbix']['server']['rds_dbport'] = "3306" node['zabbix']['server']['rds_dbname'] = "zabbix" node['zabbix']['server']['rds_dbuser'] = "zabbix" node['zabbix']['server']['rds_dbpassword'] = ""
Be carefull when you update your server version, you need to run the sql patch in /opt/zabbix-$VERSION.
- Support more platform on agent side windows ?
- LWRP Magic ?
* Added new attribute for server service : zabbix.server.log_level
* Added zabbix bin patch in init script (deprecate change made in 0.0.38) * Changed default zabbix version to 2.0.3
* Added zabbix_agent bin dir into PATH for Debian/Ubuntu (Some script need zabbix_sender)
* Having run dir in /tmp is not so good (Guilhem Lettron)
* added restart option to zabbix_agentd service definitions (Paul Rossman Patch)
* Fix from Amiando about server_alias how should be a Array. * Fix from Guilhem about default run_dir be /tmp,it can be a big problem.
* remove the protocol filter on firewall.
* Added ServerActive configuration option for Zabbix agents (Paul Rossman Patch)
* Fix a issue about order in the declaration of service and the template for recipes agent_*
* Readme typo
* Thanks to Paul Rossman for this release * Zabbix default install version is now 2.0.0 * Option to install Zabbix database on RDS node (default remains localhost MySQL) * MySQL client now installed with Zabbix server * Added missing node['zabbix']['server']['dbport'] to templates/default/zabbix_web.conf.php.erb * Fixed recipe name typo in recipes/web.rb
* Thanks to Steffen Gebert for this release * WARNING! this can break stuff : typo error on attribute file default['zabbix']['agent']['server'] -> default['zabbix']['agent']['servers'] * Evaluate node.zabbix.agent.install as boolean, not as string * Respect src_dir in mysql_setup
* Thanks to Steffen Gebert for this release * Use generic sourceforge download URLs * Fix warning string literal in condition * Deploy zabbix.conf.php file for web frontend * Add "status" option to zabbix_server init script * Make MySQL populate scripts compatible with zabbix 2.0 * Add example for Chef Solo usage to Vagrantfile
* Configuration error about include_dir in zabbix_agentd.conf.erb
* zabbix agent and zabbix server don't want the same include_dir, be carefull if you use include_dir * noob error on zabbix::server
* Don't try to use String as Interger !
* Markdown Format for Readme.md
* Some Foodcritic
* Bug in metadata dependencies * Firewall does not fix the protocol anymore
* Added Patch from Harlan Barnes <email@example.com> his patch include centos/redhat zabbix_server support. * Added Patch from Harlan Barnes <firstname.lastname@example.org> his patch include directory has attribute. * Force a minimum version for apache2 cookbook
* Added Patch from Harlan Barnes <email@example.com> his patch include centos/redhat zabbix_agent support.
* Fix README
* Fix sysconfdir to point to /etc/zabbix on recipe server_source * Fix right for folder frontends/php on recipe web * Hardcode the PATH of conf file in initscript * Agent source need to build on a other folder * Add --prefix option to default attributes when using *-source recipe
* Don't mess with te PID, PID are now in /tmp
* Add depencies for recipe agent_source * Add AlertScriptsPath folder and option for server.
* Add firewall magic for communication between client and server
* Correction on documentation
* Fix some issue on web receipe.
* Change default value of zabbix.server.dbpassword to nil
* Remove mikoomo * Still refactoring
* Preparation for multiple type installation and some refactoring * Support the installation of a beta version when using the install_method == source and changing the attribute branch
* Tune of mikoomi for running on agent side.
* Fix some major issu
* Add some love to php value * Now recipe mysql_setup populate the database * Minor fix
* Change the name of the web_app to fit the fqdn