Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the EDAMAME 2016-tutorials wiki!
##Overview Explorations in Data Analysis for Metagenomic Advances in Microbial Ecology (EDAMAME) is a workshop at Michigan State University, affiliated with the Center for Microbial Ecology.
The 2016 workshop will be held at Kellogg Biological Station from 10-20 July, 2016. We'll be opening for applications in mid-winter. There will be a modest room and board AND workshop fee charged this year.
- Tutorials organized by Learning Goals - WIP
- Tutorials organized by 2016 Schedule
- Course Etherpad
##Overarching Learning Goals
- Increase computing literacy
- Develop proficiency in cloud computing
- Analyze microbial amplicon sequences
- Analyze microbial shotgun metagenome sequences
- Apply ecological statistics to analyze and interpret microbial sequencing data
- Access resources provided by public sequence databases
##General resources - other places to find intro materials and general help