Browser extension for in-page PDF viewing for PeerJ and arXiv. Currently only set up for Chrome; Safari and Firefox support will hopefully come without too much difficulty.
To try it out:
- Clone or download this repository to a folder.
- In Chrome, go to chrome://extensions and click "Load unpacked extension...".
- Choose the folder you downloaded and make sure the extension is enabled.
- Go to a PeerJ or arXiv preprint, for example https://peerj.com/preprints/11, and wish for a side-by-side PDF view.
- Click Show PDF in the navigation controls to grant your wish. Click Hide PDF to take things back to normal.