Using this extension can effectively streamline new project creation work flow. It only takes a few clicks to achieve which usually takes hours to recreate, duplicate or customize from previous projects.
This extension does not serve as a framework. It's purpose is to easily create the structure of files and folders that are used when you start a project. We would also like to thank Steven Sacks for his excellent JSFL.
Structure Creator works with Flash CS3, CS4 and now on CS5 (version 1.3+) on Windows and Mac. It allows for a custom export path for fla files in the xml schema. Default template HTML and CSS files pass the W3C XHTML Strict 1.0 and CSS 2.1 tests.
New in Version 2.0.2
- Updated Facebook API to Graph API 1.0
- Updated TweenMax to version 11.411
- Updated Away3D to version 3.6.0 FP10
New in Version 2.0.1
New in Version 2.0.0
- Now has a package selector which includes Away3d, Papervision3D, Tweener, as3corelib, Facebook API, Mr. Doob's Stats and De MonsterDebugger.
- Package selector works with classpath attribute in schema, to place files in correct location.
New in Version 1.3
- Works with Adobe Flash CS5
- Now checks for updates, so you can always have the latest version of Structure Creator.
- You can now create Flash Builder Project files
- Can now run without being online
Are you using Structure Creator?
If you are using Structure Creator please email me email@example.com and tell us what you think about Structure Creator. Was it useful? What could be improved? You can send the link of the website that you have created using Structure Creator, we would love to see it.
Please only download the latest release
Creating a schema file is as easy as a couple of clicks with SchemaCreator. The handy little AIR app will help you create your own schema file from a folder of template files in no time at all.
<folder name='%BASE%'> <folder name='assets' /> <folder name='docs' /> <folder name='release'> <folder name='css'> <file name='style.css' url="http://flashstructurecreator.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/templates/style.css" /> </folder> <folder name='images' /> <folder name='js'> <file name='swfaddress.js' url="http://flashstructurecreator.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/templates/swfaddress.js" /> <file name='swfobject.js' url="http://flashstructurecreator.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/templates/swfobject.js" /> </folder> <folder name='xml' /> <file name='index.html' url="http://flashstructurecreator.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/templates/index.html" /> </folder> <folder name='source'> <file name='main.fla' exportpath="../release/" /> </folder> </folder>
Create a folder
This will create a folder with the name XXXXX
Create a file
<file name='XXXX.XXX' url='http://linktotemplate' />
This will create a file called XXXX.XXX (e.g index.html) based on a template file linked in the url attribute. Replace http://linktotemplate with the link to your template file. More information on templates are located below.
When adding a FLA file to your structure use this method
If you don't specify the export path then the swf will export into the same directory as the fla. If you don't specify the classpath it will assume that the class folders are in the same directory as the fla file.
If you are creating your own templates there are some variables that can be replaced with values when a new project is created. The following, lists current available variables.
- %SWFWIDTH% - Width of swf
- %SWFHEIGHT% - Height of swf
- %SWFHALFWIDTH% - Half of swf width
- %SWFHALFHEIGHT% - Half of swf height
- %SWFNAME% - Name of swf
- %SWFFPS% - Swf frames per second
- %PACKAGENAME% - Class package (for Document Class)
- %CLASSNAME% - Name of Class (for Document Class)
- %PROJECTNAME% - Name of Project (available in v1.2+)
Example Template for index.html