Nessus Professional Database Export
A script to export Nessus results regularly into a MySQL database for easy analysis/aggregation.
- Find occurences of a specific vulnerability across your scans (e.g. in a folder) without having to export all of them to CSV.
- Search for text in plugin outputs across all your scans.
- Quickly see trending stats across scan runs (summary stats are calculated at export time and saved in the DB).
- Build a web app front end to present a subset of results for customers.
Some usage examples here: https://eddiez.me/nessus-db-export/
- Nessus Professional
- MySQL database
- git clone https://github.com/eddiez9/nessus-database-export
- pip3 install -r requirements.txt
Instantiate database schema (see schema.sql file for import)
e.g. at the mysql command line mysql> source \home\user\Desktop\schema.sql;
Copy config.ini.example to config.ini and fill in all fields
Install in crontab for scheduled exports or run manually by just calling the script with no arguments:
$ python3 export.py Processing: REDACTED Inserting scan run: 69 Inserting scan run: 81 Processing: REDACTED Processing: REDACTED Inserting scan run: 87
Once the export is completed you can run whatever queries you want. e.g.:
- Check API output for compliance scans and add code to pull in compliance scans
- Use trash flag to not pull in scans in the trash