Clone this wiki locally
Current Board Members
- Hong Xu @xuhdev
- Jed Mao @jedmao
- Sindre Sorhus @sindresorhus
- Frank Fesevur @ffes
- Martijn Laarman @mpdreamz
- Trey Hunner @treyhunner
- Johan Sundström @johan
- Florian Breisch @florianb
New Member and Member Kick-out Rules
For anyone who (is already a member of the GitHub EditorConfig organization on or before Nov 16, 2016 or has been a member before) and has not had the membership permanently canceled to become a member of the board: Please consider adding yourself into the member list -- you are automatically approved for the membership.
For anyone who does not meet the requirement above, please submit a new issue to apply for the membership and explain what makes you qualified. Over half of the current board members must approve for the applicant to become a member.
For board members who haven't participated in 4 consecutive votings, a notification will be sent out to asking whether retaining the membership or not. If not responded in two weeks, the membership is canceled automatically. But it is always possible to become a member again. The reason we want to kick out people (even if they can be automatically approved for membership again) is that we always need over-half of the members' approving.
- New format changes require strictly over half of the members to approve. Members should be able to respond (at least a yes or no) to it within two weeks, at least for most of the time.
- New membership application from outside the EditorConfig organization will require strictly over half of the members to approve. Members should be able to respond (at least a yes or no) to it within two weeks, at least for most of the time.
- This should be really rare: for any member who behave really badly (sexism, racism, abusing, etc.), any member can propose to permanently cancel its membership. If strictly over half of the other members approve, his/her membership is then permanently canceled.
- Any changes to the rules described on this page must be approved by strictly over half of the board members.